- Picnic Rugs
- Plan The Perfect Picnic
'Happiness is.... good friends and fresh air'
Picnic rugs that have been created for the bold and adventurous. Designed by Australian artists, they sure will turn heads with their bold designs and will suit any outdoor environment. We are proud to introduce our picnic blankets into The Young Folk Collective family.
- Our Picnic Rugs are made from the highest quality Cotton/polyester Oxford water resistant material.
- A Foam Core is at the heart of our picnic mats, giving them extra comfort.
- Extremely Water Resistant making them perfect to take them anywhere and everywhere with you!
- They are very easy to clean - A soft damp cloth will clean up any spills.
- Sized at a HUGE 2m x 2m - Our Large picnic rugs will fit multiple people on them.
- A Luxury Vegan Shoulder Strap is included, making them so easy to carry.
- Easy to roll up with our simple fold and roll design keeping them compact.
- They are so durable and will last you for years to come!
'Live, laugh, and enjoy the sun'
Picnics and the great outdoors go hand in hand — whether it's a casual day in the park, a fancy celebration, or a weekend by the beach — a picnic with your nearest and dearest is always a good idea.
A picnic rug set up can be as simple or as extravagant as you like. Impromptu fish and chips by the water are just as enjoyable as a well thought out picnic style feast.
The ideal picnic includes nothing more than your favourite people, heading to an enjoyable location, an extra large picnic rug to sit on, and packing a trusty picnic basket filled with delicious food and drinks. You can also add on some friendly games to liven the mood!
Something to sit on:
Our Waterproof Picnic Mats have been purposely made to suit any terrain, made from a thick waterproof material, they will make any ground worth spending time on!
A trusty picnic basket:
Pair our picnic rugs with our best selling Bolga Baskets. They are made from the sturdiest fibre on the market — traditional Elephant grass market baskets can withstand the largest of picnic basket hauls and will last you a lifetime.
A delicious picnic menu:
The best picnic foods are quick to make and easily portable to your favourite outdoor spot. Finger foods such as antipasto platters, fruit, crackers and dips, cold sandwiches, fish and chips, and a selection of salads... and don’t forget to pack a chilled drink, or warm thermos to make a warm cup for the cooler months.
Picnic games and activities:
- Bocce Ball.
- Backyard Cricket.
- Ring Toss.
Extra fun for the little ones!
- Bubbles - nothing beats the simplicity of bubbles!
- Three-legged race.
- Scavenger Hunt.
- Hide and Seek.
An enjoyable location — Favourite picnic locations around Australia include:
Australian Capital Territory
- Australian National Botanic Gardens, Canberra.
- Commonwealth Park, Canberra.
- Canberra Nara Peace Park, Lennox Gardens.
- Tidbinbilla Nature Reserve.
- Gibraltar Falls, Gibraltar Creek Pine Forest.
- Old Parliament House Garden, Canberra.
- Gibraltar Falls, Gibraltar Creek Pine Forest.
- Cotter Dam and surrounds.
New South Wales
- Centennial Park, Eastern Suburbs, Sydney.
- Hyde Park, Sydney.
- Palm Beach, Northern Beaches.
- Ballast Point Park, Birchgrove.
- Wendy Whiteley’s Secret Garden, Lavender Bay.
- Hunter Valley Gardens, Hunter Valley.
- Bateau Bay Beach, Central Coast.
- Bald Rock National Park.
- Lake Canobolas, Orange.
- New Farm Park, New Farm.
- Southbank, South Brisbane.
- Brisbane City Botanic Gardens, Brisbane.
- Kangaroo Point Cliffs, Kangaroo Point.
- Toohey Picnic Area, Nathan.
- Goomoolahra Picnic Area, Springbrook.
- Maiala, Mount Glorious.
- Kondalilla Falls, Montville.
- Point Lookout, Stradbroke Island.
- Ravensbourne National Park.
- Cedar Creek Falls, Whitsundays.
- Eungella National Park, Mackay.
- Picnic Point Lookout, Toowoomba.
- Rocks Picnic Area, Karawatha.
- Carlo Sandblow, Rainbow Beach.
- Mount Lofty Botanic Garden, Adelaide Hills.
- Botanic Gardens, Adelaide.
- Nepenthe, Adelaide Hills.
- Stradbroke Road Picnic Area, Adelaide.
- Fremont Park, Elizabeth.
- Commodore Reserve, Port Elliot.
- Port Willunda Beach – Old Jetty.
- Rapid Bay Beach, Fleurieu Peninsula.
- Granite Island Recreation Park, Granite Island.
- Belair National Park, Belair.
- Friendly Beach, East Coast.
- Mount Nelson Signal Station, Hobart.
- Cascade Gardens, South Hobart .
- Wellington Park, The Springs.
- Hastings Cave and Thermal Springs, Hastings Caves State Reserve.
- Richmond Riverbank Park, Richmond.
- Russell Falls, Mount Field National Park.
- Pirates Bay Nature Recreation Area, Eaglehawk Neck.
- Geeveston Heritage Park, Geeveston.
- Randall’s Bay Picnic Area, Randall’s Bay.
- Maria Island Grand picnic, Maria Island.
- Boat Harbour Beach, Wynyard.
- Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens, Hobart.
- Kings Park, Perth.
- John Oldham Park, Perth.
- Queens Gardens, East Perth.
- South Beach, Freemantle.
- Avalon Park, York.
- John Forrest National Park, Mundaring.
- Eastern Foreshore, Mandurah.
- The Basin, Rottnest Island.
- Serpentine Falls, Serpentine National Park.
- Matilda Bay Reserve, Crawley.
- Houghton Wine, Swan Valley.
- Whiteman Park, Swan Valley.
- Walyunga Lookout, Walyunga National Park.